So Cliff is away for a week in Chicago for work and I am left with a grumpy icky Charlize. She picked up a throat infection ( which Ellie had last week) and both probably caught from School. She is on the last day of antibiotics today but been generally ratty and tired. Yesterday Cecelia came and all Charlize wanted to do was lay on the sofa and watch Barny CD on repeat. Being the bad mother than I am I willingly let her anything for a an hour of peace!!! Managed to get the curtains up, Ionahs designer sofa and plants got delivered while C was napping, but great timing as the elevator repair men came just as they rocked up in the truck!!! The poor buggers had to schlep everything up 5 flights of stairs. Cliff is going to have a eppi fit when he comes home on sunday to a living room with not 1 but 4 sofas! Ionahs one is pale grey the covers come off for washing( which I did) but the back is filthy from where Raffs, the cat and 3 kids have mangled it up. We need to get the whole thing recovered really, will have a look into the cost and decide depending on how extortionate it is!
We did do music together class just to get out the house but even Natalie Kai's mum remarked how listless she was. Putting her to bed last night was a nightmare she was hitting biting throwing herself down and would not have a bath she was too tired and ill.
Today she has a bit of a cough and again was a bit tired but I couldn't manage another whole day inside with Barney and mizhog Charlize, so we took the bus to the Tokyo American Club and met Emma and Ellie, Natalie, Lize with the girls, Melanie and Carter and Jamie and Jenny there for a brunch. Second prob was she wanted to go in the swimming pool which she could clearly see from the restaurant window. So much for a peaceful chat and cafe latte!!!
This afternoon Emma invited us over even though I was supposed to host mums at my house, but with Charlize being in an up down mood we decided to stay in as C didnt want to move from the sofa with her blankie so I did bad mommy thing and let her watch the Barney DVD 4 times!!! She is a baby possesed, but we had a real melt down when I tried to switch it off. I put the DVD up and away but she tried to climb onto the kitchen top to get it. She knows how to open the DVD player and switch it on!!!! Luckily Naomi and Emi came over around 5pm after Naomis Daycare and they had some dinner together and then got in the bath!!! They both looked so cute with the Naomi wearing teh duck hoodie towel and Charlize with her Little princess one! It was a good distraction and made life easier after the night before when she threw tantrums and would not go in the tub. Also Naomi gave me the number to apply for the International Relations job at the Minatoku ward office. Its only max 4 times a month 2 hours and they offer day care and the pay is good!! Have to write a Japanese essay to apply for it though which might be a bit tricky as my written Japanese is a bit rusty.
Other good news is Jolie wrote to say that she got to finally hold her little angels Gabriele and Vivienne after one week in the incubator. They are still having IV breast milk but seems they are pulling through well. I say another little prayer for them all tonight I know they are going to be fine and cant wait to see the pictures.
Tommorow is Emma's birthday and depending on how she is I may may not take her to school. Here's hoping for a better bedtime wind down this evening!!!
Also Fuyuko sent a really nice mail about Charlize today how she is settling in. I post it below as I think its nice to keep to show her when she get older!!
Dear Julia,
Hello. This is Fuyuko from Kspace.
How are you? We hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather!
Hadar and I would like to send a big “thank you” for coming out to the Parent-Teacher Night Out last Friday. It was really nice chatting with you about how Charlize is settling down at school and lots of things in general!! We really enjoyed the time together. It was nice meeting your friend as well!
As we said at the dinner, and also you can tell from the photos, Charlize is settling down fantastically! She has already made some friends and they are playing very nicely together!
Charlize and Youki were playing together last Friday. They bonded particularly well and I saw Charlize giving lots of cuddles to him and they make a very cute pair. How sweet!!
I must also mention that both Hadar and I were impressed by how good Charlize was at cleaning up toys!!!
You mentioned that you were a bit worried about Charlize in the absence of her good friend, Ellie and that this might have made Charlize a bit sad. Well, it’s been quite the opposite and Charlize has not been anxious at all! Charlize has been stepping out and doing so well. This shows promise for great things ahead. Although she is so tiny Charlize is obviously ripe for more sophisticated mental stimulation and I am confident she will progress in huge steps, each class. Please don't worry!
Thank you so much for putting your trust in us and allowing us to take care of Charlize. We are so happy to have Charlize in our group and we are ALL so pleased she is enjoying the programme.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact us any time. Please don't forget that we are always here for you!
The school will be closed this Thursday due to 'team training day' so we're looking forward to seeing Charlize on Friday!!!
Have a lovely afternoon.
Fuyuko and Hadar
2009年6月4日木曜日
登録:
コメントの投稿 (Atom)

0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿